The Serve Pastor’s primary area of focus will be creating, developing, implementing, and overseeing all areas within the Serve with Compassion framework. This is a comprehensive ministry dedicated to forming & maintaining relationships with local and global strategic partners, identifying areas of need & opportunity within the three serve domains (Serve the Church, Serve the City, and Serve the World), and creating a culture of radical servants within the church.
- Is a lover of people
- Is passionate about connecting people to God and to their calling in service
- Is a leader who raises up leaders
- Possesses strong ministry and theological intelligence
- Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Committed to the Vision, Mission, and Values of Hillside
- Is Growing in humility
- Is Growing in Community with others
- Able to smile and laugh
- Collaborative Team Player
- Willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Do we want to recruit someone who has mission-field experience? (if so, this could fall under the qualifications subheading)
- In conjunction with the pastoral leadership team, the Serve Pastor will participate in the development of effective systems and processes to connect people to their calling in serv
- Recruit and train new leaders; equip and develop existing leaders within the three serve domains.
- Provide ongoing (Monthly) leader equipping and development.
- Lead/direct/assist annual global serve trips, including training, organization, planning, and execution of trip goals.
- Challenge, motivate, and recruit church attendees for involvement in serve.
- Ensure active communication, oversight, support, for and pastoral care for local and global strategic
- Formulate and implement an effective congregational communication strategy that promotes service as an act of worship.
- Share in responsibilities to perform weddings, memorial services, counseling, and baptisms.
- Executive Skills: Strategic planning, resource allocation, and assessment. Demonstrates sensitivity and confidence in leading, serving, inspiring, managing, and equipping others in implementing ministry goals.
- Budget Management: Demonstrated capacity in management of ministry budgets.
- Interpersonal Communication Skills: Communicates effectively across different levels of the organization. Expresses optimism, faith, and encouragement.
- Organizational Intelligence: Capacity to understand ministry framework and the ability to develop new strategies to achieve goals.
- Performance Management: Skill in assessment of ministry effectiveness and supporting decision making through metrics and analysis.
- Leadership Development: Skilled at multiplying leaders who can communicate and uphold Hillside values. Able to supervise and lead a motivated and diverse group of people by establishing a clear vision for the team, training and developing talent, providing feedback and ensuring the proper learning for each team member.
- Collaborative Leadership: Demonstrate the ability to work in collaboration with the leadership teams to integrate multiple perspectives and synthesize them into a cohesive plan.
- 3-5 years proven experience in a director level role in a church
- Proven experience in leading small groups
- Exhibits the gifts and creative leadership skills necessary to work in a collaborative team environment and should be able to establish and achieve goals as a mutually edifying and supportive team leader/member.
- Uses wisdom, maturity, and sound judgment in unison with his gifts, qualifications, and skills to carry out duties and responsibilities with diligence.
A WIN LOOKS LIKE…
- The family of Hillside grows in their desire to serve radically
- Each of our ministries become actively engaged in service
- Our Serve with Compassion family continues to add to its numbers season after season
- Serve with Compassion becomes a deeply rooted part of our identity.
Education and/or Experience
- Deep devotion to God and love for His Word
- Able to communicate clearly and articulately
- Self-starter and needs little supervision
- Able to work across teams towards bigger visions
- Willing to support vision, leadership, and operational policies of Hillside
- Voracious appetite to listen, learn and grow in a creative ministry environment
- Theologically, doctrinally & missionally aligned with Hillside on important matters