Position Title: Care Pastor
Functional Ministry Area(s): Growing in Community
Reports to: Growing in Community Pastor
FLSA Classification: Ministerial Exemption / Full time
Salary Range: $65K – $90K
CORE STAFF VALUES
- Christ-Centered – (Matthew 22:37) Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Care – (Romans 12:15-16) Caring Person, Slowing down to practice empathy
- Collaboration – (Ephesians 4:2-3) Team player, willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Communication – (Ephesians 4:15) Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Celebration – (Romans 12:10) Able to honor, enjoy and cheer for the team
- Develop infrastructure in collaboration with the Growing in Community team to ensure the existence of a solid “care environment” for Hillside Community Church.
- Provide initial care and direction to those facing various crises and turning points, determining the extent of individual attention required and assigning the needs to appropriate ministry leaders and counselors, or referral to professional therapy, as needed.
- Oversees and creates support groups as needed (existing: Celebrate Recovery, Grief Share, Love Does No Harm) and ensures adequate training and support for group leaders.
- Give oversight and guidance to the advancement and care of Pastoral Care-related ministry teams, Prayer Team, Support Groups, Benevolence, Life Celebrations team, and Care Partners.
- Supervise the recruitment, training and encouragement of Pastoral Care volunteers needed to advance the care environment at Hillside.
- Work collaboratively with key staff members to ensure continuity of care for life celebrations (memorial services and weddings) and Pastoral Care related classes and events.
- Other duties include preparing content for Pastoral Care trainings, life celebrations and other worship related gatherings as needed.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in a church, hospital, or ministry setting.
- M.Div. or equivalent degree; D.Min., CPE, or APC certification is a plus.
- Must be highly organized and able to carry out administrative tasks with strategic prioritization.
- Commitment to collaborative, creative, and innovative ministry in a flexible work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency skills.
Questions? – Email email@example.com