Position Title: Serve Pastor
Functional Ministry Area(s): Serve with Compassion
Reports to: Campus Pastor / Senior Pastor?
FLSA Classification: Ministerial Exemption / Full time
Salary Range: $65K – $90K
Supervises: Yes (1 full time / 1 part time / Ministry Partners & Volunteers)
OVERVIEW: A Pastor at Hillside Community Church provides spiritual leadership to members of the church and staff team. The Serve Pastor will oversee the ministry area that is dedicated to forming dynamic relationships and developing the people at Hillside to serve our church, serve our eight local ministry partners, and serve our four global ministry partners. With a team, this role will shape and lead out on our core value of serving with compassion through servant discipleship. This role would be committed to our vision of seeing God’s hope transform our cities one story at a time, and the mission of Experiencing God’s Love, Growing in Community, and Serving with Compassion.
CORE STAFF VALUES
- Christ-Centered – (Matthew 22:37) Love for God, Scripture, and the Church
- Care – (Romans 12:15-16) Caring Person, Slowing down to practice empathy
- Collaboration – (Ephesians 4:2-3) Team player, willing to engage in accountable relationships
- Communication – (Ephesians 4:15) Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Celebration – (Romans 12:10) Able to honor, enjoy and cheer for the team
- Lead and collaborate with the Serve with Compassion Team made up of a Volunteer Director, Guest Experience Key Volunteers, Local Serve Coordinator, Global Serve Ministry Partners and Key Volunteers.
- Serve the Church – Co-labored stewardship with the Guest Experience team to ensure that our church is living out warm hospitality, and mobilizing volunteers to engage with people from “street to seats” ensuring that our team members are using their gifts in the weekend gatherings. (500+ volunteers)
- Serve the City – Lead team of key volunteers to work with and serve our 8 local partnerships. Increase congregational involvement and ownership in an ongoing lifestyle of service in their daily lives.
- Serve the World – Lead and Collaborate with a Volunteer Mission Team to guide, support, participate, and train groups for global serve trips with our four global partners.
- Foster key relationships with local & global Ministry Partners and provide a tri-annual report and proposal for contributions. (Hillside gives $300,000+ annually to ministry partners)
- In collaboration with SWC team, make strides to identify, recruit, train and celebrate new leaders and equip, develop and deploy existing leaders for serving the church, serving the city, serving the world.
- In collaboration with the Executive Team and Pastoral Team, participate in a leadership development plan for Hillside that curates a short and long term strategy for volunteer leadership within our church and in our daily lives outside of church.
- Relaunch the Hillside Summer Intern Program – build a collaborative team and recruit, interview, train, mentor and integrate summer interns into Hillside Ministries.
- Work collaboratively with the Growing in Community Pastor and team so that serving with compassion is a key component of Discipleship pathways.
- Work collaboratively with the Care Pastor to ensure continuity of care for life celebrations (memorial services and weddings) and Pastoral Care related to volunteers.
- Other duties potentially include teaching & preaching, hosting, weekend gathering moments.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in a church, parachurch, missions organizations
- M.Div. or equivalent degree; with emphasis on local and global outreach or leadership development
- Must be highly organized and able to carry out administrative tasks with strategic prioritization.
- Commitment to collaborative, creative, and innovative ministry in a flexible work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency skills.
Questions? – Email email@example.com